2 Corinthians 2:5-17
February 23, 2020
Title: Satan’s Designs vs Jesus’ Triumph
Satan’s Designs (2:5-11)
- Satan desires division among the church
- Satan desires complacency toward sin
- Satan desire isolation of weak Christians
- Be Alert
- Address Sin
- Restore the Repentant
- Cary One Another’s Burdens
Paul’s Intermission (2:12-13)
- Paul continues to travel toward Macedonia, even though God opened the door for ministry in Troas.
Jesus’ Triumph (2:14-17)
- Christ always leads us
- Understanding the historical “Triumphant Procession”
- “We are the aroma of Christ to God…”
- Who does God claim to be in leading the trimphant procession?
- How does this truth impact your view of God?
- How does God’s triumph impact the way you Christians who are walking in repentance after significant sins?
- What does it mean for you to be the fragrance of Jesus to God? Do you feel sufficient (2:16b)?
- MEMORIZE: 2 Corinthians 3:18