2 Corinthians 10:1-18
June 7, 2020
Title: Gospel-Shaped Warfare
1 – The Call to Battle (10:1-6)
- Paul is responding to critics with meekness and gentleness by focusing on the gospel changing what is internal, not external.
- The power of God (1) destroy arguments, and (2) takes our minds captive.
- We are called to surrender every thoughts, viewpoint, bias, and world view to God.
2 – Temptation to Fight in the Flesh (10:7-12)
- There is no room for division and disunity. Fight to build one another up because the opposite of dividing each other in the building up of one another.
- We do not fight against people but we wage war in the spiritual world through prayer, God’s Word, faith – all by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3 – Confidence in Christ (10:13-18)
- Jesus has already won the battle!
- Paul opponents boasts in themselves as they compare themselves to one another while Paul boasts in Jesus.
- Jeremiah 9:23-24 “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”