2 Corinthians 11:16-33
June 21, 2020
Title: Dangerous Calling
Suffering was the means by which the gospel of the Kingdom of God was established and it is the means of its continued proclamation.
1 – Paul’s Suffering
Paul’s Sarcasm (11:16-21). Paul’s boats in his weakness because the power of the gospel is in the sufferings of Jesus.
- Description of Paul’s suffering, general and specific (11:22-33)
- Danger, danger, danger (11:26)
2 – Jesus’ Suffering
- Jesus wasn’t just announcing the Kingdom, he is King of the Kingdom, which he establish through his sufferings.
3 – Our Dangerous Calling
- Like Paul, we carry the same commission to go into all the world and proclaim the kingdom of God.
- This requires us to lay aside our comfort and safety as we proclaim the Kingdom of God to a broken world through service and sacrifice.