Hope of Renewal (Week 3)
August 16, 2020
Our hope for renewal is in God’s glorious, unlimited power at work with us through the Holy Spirit as we trust in Jesus.
Main Point – STRENGTHENED
Passive Voice – Meaning the God is the one who must act upon us. God doesn’t merely add to our strength. God is our strength
- This is a super-natural strength found in God’s glorious, unlimited nature.
Qualifier One – Power
- Creator of heaven and earth, Glorious, Unlimited
- Isaiah 43:13, Ezekiel 36:26, Epheisans 1:19
Qualifier Two – Inner Being
- “The heart in the Bible refers to the center where your mind, will, and emotions meet. It is all three spaces that the inner man is represented.” – Tim Keller
Qualifier Three – Through the Holy Spirit
- Jesus taught that the Spirit would be our helper, comforter, advocate, intercessor, counselor, and strengthener.
- PERSONAL – God doesn’t just give us strength, he gives us himself
- PERSISTENT – God’s strengthening is unlimited, unending, unfading. It doesn’t falter, fail, or fade.
- PASTORAL – God’s strengthening isn’t just a brut force pushing us along. It is comforting and counseling, and compassionate.
Result – God Dwells in our Heart
- This is a permanent dwelling in our inner being
- The strengthening and dwelling takes place as we trust in God.
- God is not a supplement (additive) to our own strength, he is the source of true strength.
- Pray Ephesians 3:14-21 for your own life
- Memorize Ephesians 3:14-21
- DAILY – Pray for someone in the church by name
- WEEKLY – Send a text, note, or card to someone int he church
- MONTHLY – Share a meal with another person or family in the church