God is Worthy
JESUS IS WORTHY
LINK: Study Guide
Series Big Idea: The gospel will be proclaimed among all peoples through witnesses empowered by the Holy Spirit.
JESUS IS WORTHY | To Set People Apart for His Purposes
- Specifically Set Apart: God set apart Barnabas and Saul (Acts 13:1-3)
- Generally Set Apart: All believers are set apart to proclaim the “excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9).
JESUS IS WORTHY | To Be Proclaimed at Great Cost
- Cyprus (Acts 13:4-12)
- Pisidia (Acts 13:13-51)
- Iconium (Acts 14:1-7)
- Lystra (Acts 14:8-23)
JESUS IS WORTHY | Of Our Praise
- False Worship – the people tried to worship Saul and Barnabas rather than the living God they proclaimed
- True Worship – there were those who believed (Acts 13:38)
COMMUNITY GROUP QUESTIONS
- Have you ever lost or broken something of great value to you? Would you be willing to tell the story and how you processed the situation?
- Pastor Steve focused on the worthiness of Jesus rather than the obedience of Saul and Barnabas in Acts 13 – 14. Do you find yourself comparing yourself to other Christians (past or present) more than looking toward Jesus?
- How can it be helpful to see the example of others? (Hebrews 11)
- How can it be detrimental to your faith? (Our goal or standard shifts from God to man…)
- Does the worthiness of Jesus compel you toward faithfulness? If so, how do you experience this at work in your life?
- As a church, we get to participate in sending people out as missionaries. How can we as a group be an encouragement to those we sent out and/or support?
We Support the Following Ministries: