Jesus Fulfills the Law
JESUS FULFILLS THE LAW
- Jesus begins, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law…”
- Jesus is addressing the religious and political views of his disciples
- Jesus pierces our hearts by allowing the full weight of God’s commands to bear down on us.
- There were 613 laws and God said every one of them mattered
- God’s ultimate demand is for perfection because he is perfect (Matthew 5:48)
- Romans 8:1-4
- Galatians 3:15-29
- Transformed Thinking: Memorize and meditate on Matthew 5:3-10
- Transformed Affections: Time of Silence and Solitude
- Acknowledge where you try to relax God’s commands – Pretending
- Acknowledge where you think your personal efforts make God owe you – Performing
- Ask for help – to rest in his mercy – and walk humble with God in his grace.