Salt & Light
SALT & LIGHT
- The disciples were ordinary people who were now being declared as salt and light to the world.
- The “you” in the verses referring to the salt and the light is ‘plural’ in the origiinal language of Greek.
- The Purpose – of being salt and light is for the glory of God.
SALT OF THE EARTH
- Salt was valuable in the ancient world
- Salt was primary used as a preservative to raw meat
- We are to be be rubbed into world as a presevative, to bring healing and wholeness as we proclaim the kingdom of god.
LIGHT OF THE WORLD
- We are to shine like beacons in the carkness (Philippians 2:15)
- Jesus is the true light of the world. We merely reflect the true light.
- Transformed Thinking: Memorize and meditate on Matthew 5:3-10
- Transformed Affections: 60 Seconds of Silence and Solitude