Testimony of Gospel Change
TESTIMONY OF GOSPEL CHANGE
LINK: Study Guide
Series Big Idea: The gospel will be proclaimed among all peoples through witnesses empowered by the Holy Spirit.
PERSPECTIVES ON TRANSFORMATION
- Ways of Thinking
- Ways of Feeling/Experiencing
- Ways of Doing
- Most critical need – Rebirth
- The core issue – Sin
- Inability to fix ourselves – Savior
UNIQUENESS OF GOSPEL TRANSFORMATION
- Rooted in distinctive person and work of Christ
- Resurrection of Christ is central in our witness
IMPACT OF GOSPEL TRANSFORMATION
- Freedom from slavery to sin
- Produces works in keeping with repentance
COMMUNITY GROUP QUESTIONS
- We often use the terminology of Christ coming to live in our hearts. Does the perspective of us uniting with Christ in death and resurrection offer any fresh insights? If so, what?
- Does it ever seem that persons with other worldviews are more devoted to their worldview that we are? Why does our faith always produce a similar devotion?
- In what ways are you currently being set free from sin?