The Kingdom of God
- First Kingdom (Genesis 1) – Failed Obedience
- Nation of Israel – Failed Obedience
- Promised Kingdom (Isaiah 52:7-10)
- Central message of Jesus’ teaching (Matthew 4)
The People of God
- “Blessed” – means more than just happy but flourishing through God’s approval.
- Understanding the 8 Beatitudes in context and as a whole
The Call to the King
- Misunderstanding of God’s Kingdom and the Sermon on the Mount
- Jesus is the King
- “Follow Me, “On my account”, not all who say to be Lord, Lord,”
- He provides a way where we failed and he empowers us to follow him.
- Transformed Thinking: Memorize and meditate on Matthew 5:3-10
- Transformed Affections: 60 Seconds of Silence and Solitude
- Transformed Lives: Intentional awareness of and dependence on God’s presence and power in your everyday life.