Song of Gathered Worship (Psalm 122)
September 27, 2020
THE GATHERED CHURCH
Gladly Going “Let us go to the house of the Lord…”
- Gladly Worshiping – “our feet have been standing…”
THE UNIFIED CHURCH
Built & Bounded Together
- “The city itself was a kind of architectural metaphor for what worship is: All the pieces of masonry fit compactly, all the building stones fit harmoniously. There were no loose stones, no leftover pieces, no awkward gaps in the walls or towers. It was well built, compactly built, skillfully built, “at unity with itself.” Eugene Peterson, Long Obedience in the Same Direction
Obediently Surrendered “Decreed for Israel,,,”
Deut. 12:5-7, Hebrews 10:25
THE RESPONSIVE CHURCH
- Informal, everyday usage of the word, ‘Pray’
- “As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ” 1 Peter 2:4-5
APPLICATION | SURRENDERED HEART
- Is you heart leaning toward yourself or toward others?
- Is your heart leaning away from others to create distance or are you leaning in to be built and bounded together?
- Is your heart seeking to consuming for your our wants and needs or are you seeking serve and love others?