Listen & See
February 21, 2021
FAMILY, FRIENDS, & FOES
- Mark 4:1
- Jesus called some of those who followed him family, while others were bystanders and the religious leaders rejected him and planned his destruction.
- Mark 4:2, 10-12
- A parable is a story that carries one central message.
- Jesus spoke in parables so that those who are leaning in toward him would understand, while those whose heart was set against him would not be able to understand.
- Mark 4:21-25
LISTEN & SEE
- Mark 4:3-9, 13-34
- Parable of the Sower (Mark 4:3-9)
- Be careful the posture of your heart and how you receive God’s Word
- Pay Attention (Mark 4:21-25)
- You need spiritual ears and eyes to understand God’s Word.
- Parable of the Growing Seed (Mark 4:26-29)
- God causes his word to produce in your heart.
- Parable of the Mustard Seed (Mark 4:30-34)
- God’s work may appear small but God’s harvest surpasses your imagination.
- What is the posture of your heart toward God? What is your desired heart posture?
- Indifferent, Bent to Comfort & Ease, Bent with distraction, or Tender and Receptive toward God?
- Are you listening & seeing with physical ears/eyes or with spiritual ears/eyes?
- Are you prayerfully depending on God or are you focused on the activity of yourself or others?
- Are you despising and minimizing small beginnings, small glimpses of transformation you see in yourself or the church?