Following Jesus with Humility
May 30, 2021
JESUS WALKED AHEAD
- Mark 10:32-34
- Jesus had his face set toward Jerusalem (Luke 9:51, Isaiah 50:4-8)
- The disciples were both amazed and afraid
- Application #1 | Jesus intentionally and purposefully gave his life to save people
- Application #2 | Would you still follow Jesus if you knew what lay ahead?
- John 15:20-21, Matthew 10:22
FOLLOWING JESUS WITH PRIDEFUL AMBITION
- Mark 10:35-45
- James and John asked to sit at Jesus’ right and left, essentially asking for the positions of Vice President and Speaker of the House (3rd in line).
- The cup and baptism Jesus references in the cup of God’s wrath and being submerged in suffering.
- Application #3 | Are you following Jesus with a proud heart
FOLLOWING JESUS WITH HUMBLE SERVITUDE
- Mark 10:46-52
- Bartimaeus continuously cried out for mercy, laying aside his dignity and restraint
- Bartimaeus asks for healing and receives salvation
- Application #4 | What does it look like for you to follow Jesus with humility?