2 Corinthians 8:1-15
May 17, 2020
Title: God’s Grace Through Generosity
- What does our present economic uncertainty expose about out view of money and God?
- Good intentions are not the same as good actions
- “God’s Grace is a theme that runs through today’s passage.
1 – Example of Macedonians
- Severe Afflication exposes abundant joy in their hearts
- Extreme poverty exposes a wealth of generosity in their hearts
- They gave themselves first to God and then God’s will for them regarding others.
2 – Example of Jesus
- He was rich, yet for your sake he became poor… (Philippians 2:4-8)
- Grace empowered generosity (what we have already received) is tremendously different than be motivated by guilt or greed.
3 – Your Act of Grace
- Act on your good intention (8:11)
- You desire to be generous, you intend to be generous – now be generous.
Acts of Grace Initiative
- CrossPointe wants to come along its people to encourage and equip them for generosity.
- Visit our dedicated page for more information: Acts of Grace