Helping Others, with Humility & Discernment
God is the shepherd and gardener of our hearts
- Identifies Our Hearts (Matt. 5:1-16)
- Exposes Our Hearts (Matt. 5:17-48)
- Positions Our Hearts (Matt. 6:1-18)
- Produces in Our Hearts (Matt. 6:19-34)
- Produces Through Our Hearts (Matt. 7:1-23)
- Prounounced & Measured Judgement
- “Why do you see the speck…”
- “How do you say…”
Dogs & Pigs
- People who are not God-fearing
- Proverbs 9:8
Ask, Seek, Knock
- Ask-ing: implies a conscious need and the humility to get help
- Seek-ing: More than an acknowledgement of need bit also action, getting up and looking for help.
- Knock-ing: this is perserverance of action, as if the door is closed.
- Transformed Thinking:
- Why do you personally tend to see the wrongs in others while not noticing your own issues?
- How can you seek the smallest of error in someone else yet miss your own need for correction?
- Transformed Affections:
- Toward God – do you feel and experience God to be a trustworthy Father who will give you what is best?
- Toward Others – How should you come alongside someone who is need of correction in a spirit of humility and love?
- Memorize Matthew 6:19-24 through the month of November.